Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Me, the Kids, and the Meter Reader....

Hmmm, since it's been so long since I have really written down my thoughts I seem to be a might lax in coming up with something blog worthy.  My world remains pretty much the same....kids are fine, sweetie is still with us and now almost 4 years August 1st in a care facility, thrilled that summer is here and I envision long afternoons and evenings enjoying the screen porch.  In fact the sun is shining brightly right now and the temps are warming up so I plan on making this post rather short, so I can enjoy the outdoors.



I have a couple of peony bushes on the side of the house where absolutely no one can enjoy them unless you happen to walk thru the front yard into the back yard which only me, the kids, and the electric meter reader possibly see.  And I doubt the kids or the meter reader have any idea just how beautiful pink peonies are.  It's almost impossible for me to choose between the multi layer petals of the ranunculous, the beauty of the rose, or the huge, gorgeous, perfumed scented petals of the peony as to which is my favorite.  Right now and because they are in bloom, it's the peonies.  And because they are positioned and growing where they are, I cut them to enjoy their short life and photograph the heck out of them, so you, the kids, and the meter reader can enjoy them.


And these scissors you see in the pic below, those were a "must have"....I saw them all over instagram and blogs and being just like a kid, I had to have them.  Last winter I ordered them from Etsy, along with another pair and to this date I have photographed these twice, and the other pair never.  How many times do we do this, think we have to have what everyone else has only to find out we really and truly didn't "need" it at all.  In my 70's and still have that child mentality, but they do add a nice addition to the image. (this is me convincing myself that the purchase was camera worthy)


"You're only here for a short visit. Don't hurry, don't worry. And be sure to smell the flowers along 
the way."  ~  Walter Hagen
Until next time....



11 comments:

  1. I was just talking about peonies and how stunning they are - these are simply stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your peonies are beautiful, Deanna, and it is really a good thing to have them growing in the side yard, as you don't feel so guilty cutting them to bring inside. I want a pair of those great snippers! Very stylish....xo Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. You take the most beautiful photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes....to needing the scissors! I have a fascination with them now and they make the best props. beautiful post today Deanna and I'm glad all's right in your corner of the world.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful, wonderful peonies! How lucky you are to have them growing in your very own garden. They are my favourite flowers at this time of the year and you have photographed them so beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Goose bump gorgeous . . . . love, love, love . . .
    (scissors made it picture perfect)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Although I read your blog whenever you post, I rarely take the time to comment. Why do I do that? Mainly because I read it from my email and tell myself I'm going to pop over and comment and then it never happens. Well, I HAD to comment on this post! First of all, your peonies are gorgeous and I'm in love with them right now too, although mine have to come from Trader Joe's. As for the scissors, Miss Kim Klassen herself convinced me that I NEEDED a pair when I was with her at Gather and when I got home, I thought, "These will be used a few times for a prop and then will sit on a shelf." Well, I was wrong! They are the perfect scissors for cutting flower stems, especially peonies because of their woody, tough texture. I use them all the time! So you never know when something, purchased as a prop, is going to come in very handy. Thanks for sharing this beauty with us!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful photos. Thanks for sharing these lovely flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. your flowers, and yes, your scissors are both lovely. Would love to come and smell these peonies.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Deanna, these are some very beautiful shots...I think I can actually smell their fragrance!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mallory bought some Peonies at the Farmer's Market this week, they are so pretty and smell so good. My two bushes never seem to do anything, maybe they need a new place. Oh well, I will deal with that in the fall. I would love to get together this summer if possible. Send me some dates that work for you and we can make it happen.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment, I read and cherish them all. I will do my best to return the favor.